11 Jul Moldova Tourist Visa Guide
Tourist Visa Guide to Moldova via online application
Official Website: http://www.mfa.gov.md/
Evisa application link: http://evisa.gov.md/
Visa Fee: 80 euro
Visa Processing Time:
Allow for 10 working days from the receipt of application. In my case, I got it in 3 days
More information: http://www.mfa.gov.md/entry-visas-moldova/tourism-en/#link
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE
1.Begin your application by clicking this link: http://evisa.gov.md/VisaFile/Inregistrare
2.Fill out the necessary information. Depending on your nationality, more questions might be asked. In my case, after I selected Philippines, this prompted:
Nationals of your Country are required to have an invitation issued by the Bureau of Migration and Asylum of the Republic of Moldova – or, if you are eligible, please select one of the two exceptions for this requirement:
- Do you have an invitation from Bureau for Migration and Asylum of the Republic of Moldova? **
- Do you have a valid visa that is issued by an European Union member state or Schengen Area? **
- Are you invited by the government or central government authorities in the investment projects of interest for the national economy? **
Anyway, this shouldn’t be a problem for European, US, and most other holders of powerful passports. For fellow Filipinos, I suggest to go somewhere else. Otherwise, you would first need to acquire a (multiple) schengen visa, which is already challenging enough, before you can be allowed to apply for a Moldovan visa, who have their own set of equally challenging requirements too.
3. After you have submitted the initial information, you will receive a message in your email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a summary of the details you have encoded as well as your FILE NUMBER/ link which you can use to login to the evisa portal. Note that from the date of registration, you are only given 10 days until you can finalize the completion of your application. Hence, it’s best to prepare the documents before you register.
4. Continue with the online application accordingly. The usual information will be asked such as home address, birthdates, etc… nothing unusual.
5. Under Visa Requested, select C/T Tourism. Visa fee (80 euro) is the same whether you select 1/2/multiple entries so you might as well choose multiple.
6. Under Means of accommodation, you need to provide the address and email of your accommodation/hostel.
6. At the Payment of Fees, you can pay with Credit card, Internet Banking, or Cash through terminals. The easiest would be via credit card.
7. After payment, you would be prompted to upload the following Mandatory documents:
- Return ticket reservation (use airlines that has a PAY LATER option such as Turkish Airlines)
- Accommodation Reservation/ Booking Voucher (book hostels that offer FREE CANCELLATION through booking.com)
- Adequate travel medical insurance valid from the first stay and any subsequent visits to Moldova
- Passport bio page
- Copy of Schengen visa (for nationals who need this as a pre-requisite)
8. Upon submission, you will receive an email that your visa application has been received and the processing may take 10-20 days, but I got my visa grant in 3 days. Make sure to print this along with other important documents just in case.
Note that you also have the option to apply for a moldovan visa upon arrival at selected borders but I suggest that you do the online method instead. At the border, the officers may contest your requirements and a lot of things can go wrong. You may chance upon a grumpy officer who might scrutinize all your documents whereas, if you already have an official visa grant with you, the officers cannot question you further and you also get to avoid long queues.